The first troubleshooting step we would follow to get a server to backup is to restart the client services and to reset a client file that keeps the incremental tracker of the backup jobs. These instructions are specific based on the Datto client that each machine is using.
ShadowSnap – Agent Version 4.0.0
- On the machine not able to run a backup, open Windows Services and stop the following services:
- ShadowProtect Service
- Storagecraft Raw Agent
- Storagecraft Shadow Copy Provider
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\StorageCraft\ShadowProtect\ShadowSnap.
- Delete the file endptconfig.sqlite3.
- Go back to Windows Services and restart the three services from step 1.
Datto Windows Agent – Agent Version 2.2.0
- Open Windows Services and stop the Datto Backup Agent service.
- Open file explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Datto\Datto Windows Agent.
- Delete the agent.sqlitefile.
- Start the Datto Backup Agent Service.
After this, repair the communication between the Datto appliance and the protected machine and test the backup process, using the procedure below:
- Open up Remote Web for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish on the list.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Repair Agent Communications.
- After clicking Repair Agent Communication, the device will take a few seconds to repair and it will give a status update indicating that agent communications were successfully repaired.
- Then, go back to the Protect tab and Start a Backup.
Once these instructions are done, if the backup is not able to start, please contact Hexistor support so we can do further troubleshooting.
Leave A Comment