If you have multiple devices to enable auto recovery, consider using a specialized solution (the Recovery Console).
The Recovery Console is a new multi-instance recovery tool that enables system administrators and service providers to set up proactive data recovery from servers and workstations to any location.
The Recovery Console is available starting from version 15.0.
Use this link to download the tool:
- Start the installer.
- Change the default installation folder if needed. Click Install to start the installation.
- When the installation process is completed, click Finish.
4. Open recovery console on the desktop or start menu application.
- Click Add Button to add agent needed to be restored.
Fill up the field with information of your agent then click OK.
Enter your access details for the device, same as you use on Backup Manager. Your device name and password is required.
Security code: the code that you created during the install Backup Manager to encrypt your backup files.
- Once you successfully have added your agent, you can select the files or folders to restore, then click next.
- Expand the tree to find the file(s) you wish to restore.
- Select the file(s) and revisions you wish to restore > select Restore to other location (i.e D:\Restore) by clicking browse then click OK.
- Click Advance to setup your email address to get a notification
Continuous Restore in Recovery Console
The Continuous Restore mode is the predefined option in the Recovery Console. You can manage the setting for each device through the Continuous Restore checkbox.
Recovery Console Interface
The main application window is divided into 2 panes:
- The “Devices” pane – this is where your devices are listed.
- The “Audit” pane – this is where you can view restore statistics for the device selected on the “Devices” pane.
At the bottom you can see a toolbar. It provides access to the main functions:
- Add – add a new device to the Recovery Console.
- Configure – edit settings for the selected device.
- Launch BM – open a restore-only backup client for the selected device.
- Remove – remove the selected device from the Recovery Console.
- Advanced – edit common settings for all devices: enable email notifications on the statuses of recent recovery sessions or change the default local storage directory.
Leave A Comment